Wild about Safari… Planning the perfect group incentive travel to South Africa
This week our events team are in South Africa running a group incentive travel trip of a lifetime in Sun City for 22 lucky winners.
But a spectacular incentive trip of this nature does not just happen, there is a lot of planning that goes on behind the scenes (by our wonderful events and travel team!) to make this a truly memorable trip for our guests.
A land for all seasons
South Africa – a land for all seasons. A country of magnificent vistas and awe-inspiring beauty. Located about 160 kilometres northwest of Johannesburg, Sun City is a Disneyland meets Las Vegas in South Africa, where arid Savannah once sprawled, now impossibly lush lawns, parks, and even tropical forests surround this flamboyant pleasure paradise.
This can only mean one thing for incentive travel. Adventure.
With a 5 day jam-packed itinerary our guests will get to experience all the delights South Africa has to offer. From the spectacular early morning game drive safaris to the evening sunset dinners, the quad bike adventure to the thrilling Segway tours, it will be a magnificent experience of a lifetime.
Planning a group travel trip to another country requires meticulous detail and forethought. Here are some of the things we advise our guests on before they head off on their journey.
- What to pack – you’ll be surprised how much the temperature can differ with warms days and cooler evenings so pack for all occasions!
- But don’t pack too much – as all airlines have a baggage allowance and allow 1 piece of hand luggage so to be sure to plan ahead and plan your packing
- Spending money – whilst nearly all incentive travel trips that FMI organise are fully inclusive, guests will always want to go shopping for souvenirs to take home therefore we always recommend changing currency prior to travel
- Dress code – from climbing into a 4X4 for safari to dressing up for dinner in the evening we recommend guests bring clothes for all occasions, including sun hats for that scorching hot sun!
- Electricity – we all have mobile devices and you don’t want to run out of battery when capturing the perfect watering hole shot so a 2-pin round plug is necessary for South Africa
And finally Health and Safety, we take a lot of time and care over briefing our guests on the rules and regulations of a different country, from whether it’s safe to drink water or if immunisations are required we aim for all guests to be fully prepared ahead of their trip.
So all that’s left is to have a great time and enjoy the scenery.
If you want to find out how FMI can support you on your next group travel incentive please contact the team on +44 (0)870 890 3305.